Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Ps 37:7

I have been feeling frustrated about the progress of certain things I am trying to achieve. God is in control and His timing is best. I know this, but do I know it in my heart, or only in my head?

Yesterday as I shared some of these frustrations with a friend she asked me if I had read my devtional 'Word for Today' (published by Rhema Broadcasting Group). She gave it to me and wouldn't you know it, it was all about patience. The bit that spoke to me most was this: "When you spend time in God's waiting room, He's developing qualities in you that simply can't be developed any other way. When He's finished you'll come out stronger and wiser. And you'll have the maturity to handle what He has in mind for you."

Thank you God. For those of you who are pray-ers you could remember me as I rest in His 'waiting room'.

No comments: