Monday, July 7, 2008

Kindom Signs on Sunday

What an amazing day it was on Sunday with two young people being baptized. How encouraging it was to have two young people make this public commitment to follow Jesus.
The baptism that I was able to attend was in the evening and was part Opawa Baptists monthly Soak service. Soak is a time to come and just soak in the presence of God.

Sunday evening was meaningful to family and friends as they gathered to witness the baptism, but it was also special for me.

There are several stations set up that you can go to reflect on God and what He might be saying to you. One of these has Bible passages with a picture to reflect upon. The one that struck home to me was this verse from Isaiah 49 “I will not forget you! See I have you engraved in the palms of my hands.” How special it is to know that I am not forgotten and the scars of crucifixion are there because I am loved so much.

It reminded me of a picture someone sent to me last week of a person being held lovingly within the hands of God.

No comments: