Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Kingdom in people

Today I have seen the Kingdom in family. We celebrated my grandson’s 13th birthday tonight. Where have those years gone to? It was a joy to see what a fine young man he is becoming. He has a love for family, and a lovely big hug and kiss for me every time he sees me no matter where we are. As he hugged me and kissed me in the restaurant I thought there are not many 13 year old boys who would be so relaxed about doing that.

My other Kingdom sign today was to see a hearing child and a deaf child interacting with one another. One could not speak and the other could not sign, and yet they were totally comfortable with each other. They seemed to understand what each other wanted and played happily together with wide smiles on their faces.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

that's beautiful
you made me get all teary
must be another sign of the kingdom!