Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Week to date

I am a few days behind with my writing. The end of term is an extra busy time for teachers. Any way I have decided to give an update on the week so far. Monday I reflected on the Sidedoor Service at our church on Sunday evening. This is a service that uses art installations to help people connect with God. Sunday it focused on doors and for me it brought up issues related to a time at school when I was eight years of age. A teacher got tired of me talking and shut me in a cupboard and then forgot about me until my mother came to find out why I hadn’t come home for lunch. I was not aware that I was holding bitterness towards this teacher until Sunday night. I was aware that I had issues related to this that I had to surrender to God. I came home feeling that a burden had been lifted and I felt a real sense of freedom.. Thank you God that you work in ways that we sometimes find difficult to understand.
Monday also, brought issues with a student, when I was on lunch duty, that were hard to deal with, and yet I found that by thanking God for all the blessings I have I was able to see past the problems and be encouraging to others.
Tuesday I was able to spend sometime with a friend who is going through a difficult time. She is not a believer, but I was able to speak some words of encouragement into her situation.
Wednesday: I took the advice that I gave to myself a few entries back and took the time to stop at the beach and admire the spectacular sunrise this morning. That time on the beach with God and me just set me up for the day.

No comments: