Monday, June 16, 2008

Flutterings in the kingdom

Yesterday at church (Opawa Baptist) Steve Taylor (emergentkiwi.org.nz) talked about the first flutterings of a baby in the womb as it moves. Was it a movement, or imagination? If it's a first child then it's really hard to tell. He related this to the kingdom, and if, and when we are aware of the flutterings of God at work.

This got me thinking about past times when I have been unaware of the Holy Spirit giving me a prompt about something, and later I have heard what has happened and I've thought "Oh, that was the Holy Spirit giving me a flutter and expecting a response." If I'm honest I know that sometimes I have been aware of a prompting and have ignored it, because I am afraid of what it might lead me into. Maybe I won't have the skills to deal with the situation, maybe it will take to much time, maybe it will take me outside my comfort zone, and all the other reasons one can come up with. However, as I've journeyed along I've begun to realise that God doesn't ask me to do the impossible. He provides what I need for that situation. So, watch this space as I see and hear flutterings over the next four weeks.

No comments: